Work From Home – How to Improve Employee Productivity
In the midst of the recent Coronavirus outbreak, many enterprises are unexpectedly finding themselves becoming ‘work from home’ organisations.
It’s only natural to be concerned about the productivity of your employees when they work from home. Indeed, it is easy for people to be distracted in the home environment, and the absence of biometric surveillance mechanisms makes it tougher to monitor working patterns. As the home space can never be as professional as the office space, managers tend to worry about employees becoming casual about their deliverables.
Here are a few tips to help your employees maximise productivity while they work from home:
- Employees should maintain regular timings for office work even when they work from home. A conference call is a great way to kick-start the day.
- Encourage employees to set up a formal work area at home. Working from the sofa or bed is not a good option. It is best to have a dedicated work station as dining tables etc. do not offer the right ergonomics for working for an extended period of time.
- Help employees acquire an external keyboard and an Opus Arisego laptop support to work in the right posture.
- This will help them keep their laptop at eye level, eliminating back and neck pain.
- In case an employee has no option but to work from the dining table, encourage him/her to get an appropriate chair, designed with the right ergonomics. Neither normal office chairs nor dining chairs are designed for working off dining tables. However, the Opus Aktiv saddle chair is.
- If work from home is a long-term arrangement, employees will greatly benefit from a sit-stand workstation like Opus EeTeeGo. This mitigates the health risks associated with a sedentary lifestyle, and also helps employees become more active.With the number of Coronavirus victims increasing every day, enterprises have no choice but to prepare themselves for a mass ‘work from home’ scenario. Following the tips mentioned above can help employees improve their productivity while working from home, ensuring that deadlines are met and business goals are not impacted.